Chennai, March 7, 2023: Azim Premji University, Bengaluru, has announced admissions to its new four-year Undergraduate programmes designed and structured in line with the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020. The programmes aim to prepare and nurture highly motivated, socially conscious, and reflective young citizens capable of self-learning.
The programmes consist of four integrated elements — a rigorous disciplinary major, an interdisciplinary component combined with an intensive internship focused on occupational readiness, a set of foundational courses designed to develop capacities to engage effectively with the world, and a whole series of flexible credits to permit wide exploration of interests.
Azim Premji University, Bhopal is set to be operational from the academic year July 2023and will offer similar undergraduate programs and post graduate programs. Construction of phase 1 of the campus has been completed.
The Undergraduate programmes offered at the University in Bengaluru are:
- Four-year B.A. Honours in Economics / English / History / Philosophy / Social Science
- Four-year Sc. Honours in Biology / Chemistry / Mathematics / Physics / Environmental Science and Sustainability.
- Four-year B.Sc. B.Ed. in Biology / Chemistry / Mathematics / Physics
These programmes help students:
- Prepare to become active, self-directed learners with capacities for critical understanding and thinking.
- Engage with the challenging social realities in India.
- Develop the disciplinary understanding, in-depth, of a chosen major subject.
- Acquire interdisciplinary breadth and practical knowledge that provide occupational opportunities and employability in domains of interest.
- Explore a wide range of subjects and specializations.
Admission process and dates: The details given below are for the second round of the admission process.
Students can apply online via the University website. Applicants will be selected based on a written test, following which personal interviews will be conducted for the shortlisted students.
|2023 Admission process
|Last date to apply
|9 March 2023
|National Entrance Test
|9 April 2023
|Commencement of classes
|End of July 2023
*Dates are tentative
The University is explicitly committed to building an inclusive and diverse student body. The University offers extensive need-based scholarships (full and partial), covering Tuition Fees, Accommodation expenses and Food charges.
The classes will be conducted at the University campus at Sarjapur-Attibele Road on the outskirts of Bangalore. Spread over 100 acres, the University hosts state-of-the-art facilities to enable an effective teaching-learning experience and a vibrant campus life. It will be a self-contained learning and living space with hostel accommodation for students, guest stays, library, auditorium, amphitheatre, and sports complex with outdoor and indoor games.
Address: Azim Premji University, Burugunte Village, Sarjapur Hobli, Anekal Taluk, Bengaluru, Karnataka – 562125
About Azim Premji University
Azim Premji University, Bengaluru, was established under the Azim Premji University Act 2010 of the Government of Karnataka. Azim Premji Foundation, the sponsoring body, set up the University as a fully philanthropic and not-for-profit entity, with a clear social purpose of contributing to the realization of a just, equitable, humane and sustainable society.