Chennai NewsNews

Trump Delays Iran Strike Amid Peace Hope

Donald Trump said he had planned a major new military strike on Iran on Tuesday (May 19, 2026), but decided to delay it after seeing a possible chance for a peace agreement.

According to his statement, Trump had already prepared plans for the attack after Iran rejected the conditions he had put forward for a possible deal to end the ongoing conflict. However, he said he paused the operation because he still hopes a diplomatic solution can be reached.

He explained that the ceasefire, which was already extended earlier, has helped reduce immediate fighting. Trump also suggested that he wants the United States to move away from a long and costly war, which he described as a political burden.

At the same time, he made it clear that military options remain on the table if negotiations fail. His comments show that the situation is still tense and uncertain, with both diplomacy and military action being considered.

Officials have not yet confirmed any final agreement between the two sides, and discussions are expected to continue in the coming days as efforts continue to prevent further escalation of the conflict.