The emotion for biryani is always special. Even though we eat in the restaurant, the food made at home is so special and it will make us eat more. Here is the recipe for how to make the mushroom biryani. Follow the steps below:
- First, soak 3 cups of basmati rice in a bowl for 30 mins. After 30 mins drain the water from the rice.
- Heat a cooker with 2 tablespoons of oil. When heated added the following spices (1 bay leaf, 1 biryani flower, ½ tsp cumin,2 cardamoms, 2 cinnamon, 3 cloves).
- Add 1 medium sliced onion and 2 chopped chillies. Saute the onion until they turn golden.
- Add 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste. Saute the ginger-garlic paste for 1-2 minutes.
- Add ½ cup tomatoes and ½ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon turmeric. (While adding tomatoes, add some salt it will make tomato cook faster). Mix them well. Saute until the tomatoes become soft.
- Now, add ½ teaspoon red chilly powder, 2 tablespoons of chopped mint, and 1 ½ teaspoon garam masala. Then saute for 2-3 minutes in low flame.
- Add 5 tablespoon yogurt or coconut milk and stir well.
- Add the washed and sliced mushrooms (2- 2 ½ cups). Mix the mushroom in the masala for about 2-3 mins.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of water and once it boils, add the basmati rice and some salt.
- Cover and cook it on a medium flame for 10-15 minutes, and frequently stir the biryani with a ladle to avoid over-cooking.
- Turn off the biryani and add some coriander leaves for flavor. Close the lid. Pour some hot water into a vessel, and keep it on top of the lid so that the rice cooks in this heat.
- Serve it with onion raita and brinjal thokku.
Try this recipe! Taste the homemade biryani with your family!