NewsSouth News

Food Poisoning Scare in Karnataka: 17 Hospitalized After Consuming Stale Biryani

In a concerning incident in Karnataka’s Chikkamagaluru district, at least 17 individuals, including nine women, were hospitalized after consuming stale biryani in Maravanji village, Kadur taluk. The biryani, prepared for a private function on Sunday, led to illness when the remaining portion was consumed by victims on Monday.

Family members and villagers experienced symptoms of vomiting and loose motions, prompting their admission to Kadur Public Hospital in ambulances. Medical treatment has been administered, and doctors have confirmed that the affected individuals are now out of danger. Authorities suspect the incident to be a case of food poisoning, and Kadur Congress MLA K.S. Anand visited the hospital to assess the situation.